Before we retired to Reno, we celebrated high school graduations with our friends in the month of May. Each senior is a first-generation high school graduate. Their families are extremely proud of their accomplishment—to go from raising your children in a refugee camp to your children receiving a high school diploma causes a happiness that is nigh overwhelming. And these graduates are not stopping at that. Prince (on the left of his family) is On Memorial Day we enlisted the help of our son-in-law and daughter, and their family, to help set up a garden for one of our friends. A kind acquaintance of theirs gave gardening soil. The friend’s children pitched in to cut the weeds back and haul the soil to the planting spot. Elder Rasmusson captured this candid scene of Sister Rasmusson reading a story to Success, a 3-year-old girl who has spinal bifida. As they sat in the foyer of our church building waiting...
What a wonderful story of getting started in Boise! I look forward to hearing you speak some Swahili when you return!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your next post.
What an exciting time! I know that you will be blessed in your service, and that you will be a blessing to everyone around you!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adventure! Apparently things have changed since we lived there the first two years of our marriage (2961-63). Enjoy this exciting and challenging period of your life !
ReplyDeleteThe Lowders
So interesting to read about your experiences! Jace and I recognized old friends and former residents from Edmond in your MTC picture! Russ and Betsy Jones…terrific people!
ReplyDelete“Terrific” is right! Rubbing shoulders with them was a blessing.
DeleteIf any two people can work with these wonderful people , you and Marrianne can. I cried when I read this blog. You two are responsible for fellowshipping this hard nosed woman, me, back into this wonderful church. I’m so thankful for you both. They are blessed to know you.
ReplyDeleteWe were lucky to get to know you Tresa because you’re an amazing example to us. Love you.
DeleteThat last comment was written by Tresa Wadsworth, Carson City Nevada
ReplyDeleteHello Marianne and Dave thanks for this wonderful blog. This is your brother Rob
ReplyDelete